Sign up to receive E-mail notifications when fresh hepatocytes become available.Register now.
Request a Quote
Contact one of our service professionals for a fast and reliable quote. Get started.
We have one of the most extensive selections of tissue-derived products for drug metabolism-related research. Our standard products feature both subcellular fractions and hepatocytes from toxicologically-relevant species such as human, monkey, minipig, dog, guinea pig, rat, hamster and mouse. Product selection ranges from large donor pools to specialty items for specific investigations, such as genotyped microsomes from individuals having polymorphically-expressed enzymes or custom preparations from non-standard species or distinct human demographics. Whatever your in vitro research needs, XenoTech can help.
Advantages of using XenoTech's products:
- Large donor pools minimize lot-to-lot variation and increase the long-term availability of each lot
- All preparations are made and characterized according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality is governed by the assigned Product Study Director and XenoTech's Quality Assurance
- Subcellular fraction preparation procedures allow for the production of matching S9 and cytosol
- Characterization assays for human microsomal pools are performed under conditions to obtain Vmax values
- CYP and UGT activity characterization assays are performed with XenoTech's automated liquid handling and incubation system along with LC/MS/MS analysis.
- Enzymatic activity assays are end-point assays performed in triplicate with saturating concentrations of the probe substrate
- Established acceptance criteria and positive controls are used to determine the acceptability of lots
Safety, Handling and Storage
The products listed on this site are distributed for research purposes only. They have not been approved for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes, or for administration to animals or humans. Products composed of subcellular fractions (microsomes, S9, cytosol, etc.) should be stored in an ultra-low freezer (–70°C or colder). A study performed by XenoTech’s scientists and published in a prominent journal demonstrated that our microsomes can be thawed and re-frozen at ultra-low temperatures at least 10 times with no significant loss of CYP activity.*
Consequently, any remaining sample can be re-frozen for future use. Care should be taken to keep thawed samples on ice (~4°C) and to return them as quickly as possible to an ultra-low freezer for storage.
Cryopreserved Hepatocytes should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor (-160°C or colder). They should be thawed in accordance with our thawing protocol, which is shipped with your hepatocytes.
In the case of human tissue, XenoTech accepts only non-transplantable tissue from donors who test negative for HIV 1 and 2, HTLV, and Hepatitis B and C. However, as a precaution, all human-derived samples should be regarded as a potential biohazard and should be stored, handled and discarded accordingly. Cellular and subcellular fractions are intended for in vitro use only.
All of XenoTech’s products are manufactured and characterized following the principles of GLP regulations and management-approved standard operating procedures.
Primary Source / Bulk Discounts
XenoTech is the primary vendor for several pharmaceutical companies. This type of contractual arrangement offers many benefits to the end user. If you are interested in primary source agreements, please contact us.
* Pearce R, McIntyre CJ, Madan A, Sanzgiri U, Draper AJ, Bullock P, Cook DC, Burton LA, Latham J, Nevins C and Parkinson A: Effects of freezing, thawing, and storing human liver microsomes on cytochrome P450. Arch Biochem Biophys, 331: 145-169, 1996.